Tuesday 1 March 2016

A paper sword in the lion's den


The current numbers for Mercenary Showdown.


Here is my progress for unlocking Zhang's offerings. Notice a little movement on the PvP side of things?


Last night, I teamed up with my friend, EspressoForHammy and made a few attempts at collecting just one win in our tier III Type 59 Legends. However, we crossed over into that chaotic realm known as PvP. I have played in this environment before, here and both World of Tanks and War Thunder Ground Forces. In Armored Warfare, with the choice between two modes of play, I prefer playing in PvE.


From my own experiences, PvE seems to be stronger in forming teams out of strangers than PvP and here is my reasoning behind this thought. First, there are known objectives, people either know what to do or figure out things rather quickly. Secondly, with most players doing what as know as farming, they cover off each other, without realizing they are doing this, in the hopes of pulling in those big numbers.


Granted, this all is under ideal conditions and some exceptions do apply. PvE has it's critics, one reason is that it's too easy or not remotely challenging like fighting against human players. For me, the biggest difference between the two modes is the tanks themselves. In PvE, no matter what difficulty level I choose, I can rack up the damage and collect the battle rewards. In PvP, everything changes.





I believe the critics when they do make those easy claims. Every battle I had against human opponents, I would try my best to aim, fire when the time looked right and watch my shot go flying off and kill a tree or blade of grass. The mechanics in PvE and doing the very same thing? I would have been that match's rockstar! In PvP, just another player on a losing team, since almost none of the skills from the other environment, it seems, transfer to this one.

On a related note, my video making skills are improving and I have added a running commentary/tips/advice to my lastest Youtube upload. Sadly, I didn't have a active microphone during this PvP battle, but even with a one-sided conversation going on, still worth watching. Check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OGIDli78-g be advised, some course language (but funny in context).


No comments:

Post a Comment