Sunday 27 March 2016

Pictures with purpose


Before I get started, I should warn you now, this is the most picture heavy post I have made yet. However, they are here to be a gauge of sorts concerning premium vehicles in the 0.14 environment.

Two of them I have purchased with real money and talked about quite a bit, before now. The other was a gift/reward, depending on how you look at it.

With the recent and limited time release of the WOLF edition premium vehicles, I wanted to see how my existing inventory would stand up for credit generation, despite the fact they are lower tiered than what is being offered (well, two match up in tiers, but not classes). Plus, I have read on the forums that credit returns on the WOLF editions have been a little disappointing for some players.

All of the following battles took place on a standard account and no other active boosters. Only first daily battle bonuses will apply, where applicable. 




I started the first battle of this series with a defeat in my MBT-70 MERC and the post battle rewards reflect this very clearly. Although I selected a medium level mission, the Logistics cost really cut into the profit margin and the use of a repair kit diminished the returns even further. 


A rare sight before now, but perhaps, more common in the future; an all premium vehicle team.




Once again, I paid for the Logistics and a repair kit, but I cover the costs and broke above even.


Next up, my Leopard 2AV ICE.


Not sure what I was thinking when I got removed from the game, but whatever it was, I need to avoid it more in the future.




The Leo delivered a much more profitable defeat than the MBT-70 did, the numbers speak for themselves.


This time, cover failed me and those pesky bots managed to get a few good shots on me.




I was rather surprised by these results, I was expecting the  returns to be higher, like I have seen in past comparisons with my 2AV ICE and 70 MERC.


To switch things up, I next ran my tier V Chieftain Mk VI. My pre-battle expectations were decent but lower credit returns compared to the tier VI's I just used in succession.




Imagine my surprise when I saw these screens. All three vehicles were used in medium missions, but I don't have a repair kit equipped on the Chief. However, there were a number of other factors in my favor, such as being top tiered, top performer and so on.


One of the WOLF edition vehicles is a premium version of this, the Challenger 1. This slow, heavily armored rolling bunker has become one of my favorite vehicles in the game. Nevertheless, I have eyed the WOLF edition and kept that in mind when I took my regular version out for what I consider to be an average game....


A quick screenshot of the near-end battle action.




What makes the above screens different from the rest is the fact I used a dealer tree, non-premium vehicle in a hard mode mission. While I've had better games in my Challenger, they were back in version 0.13 and I don't think they would make an appropriate comparison now.

While this wasn't a indepth, scientific study of the economic model that Armored Warfare uses, across a much larger sample of games played, it still presents the picture to me that these new premiums might not really be worth it, at their current prices.

From my perspective, using my top three premiums, Leopard 2AV ICE, MBT-70 MERC and Chieftain Mk VI, on medium PvE, I should be able to gain credits just fine.

Then again, if the right vehicle comes along at the right price, I may reconsider this position. 


No comments:

Post a Comment