Tuesday 15 March 2016

A premium Stryker perhaps, part 2


Earlier today, a thread went up on the Armored Warfare NA forums here https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?66535-Preview-M1134-ATGM discussing the up-and-coming tier VII premium M1134 AGTM.

I wrote a little something too, back when details on this vehicle was less clearer http://tankingtalesquesnel.blogspot.ca/2016/03/a-premium-stryker-perhaps.html and there have been a few changes along the way. First, I wasn't too far off the price, now at a reported 5500 Gold, down from my predicted 6500. The second change is this vehicle will straddle the divide between two classes, an armored fighting vehicle and a tank destroyer in one package.


From reading the forum thread and the responding posts from other players, there is a reoccurring theme of comparison of this yet-to-be-released premium and the tier IV Swingfire. Both vehicles will share an armed-only-with-missiles approach to the battlefield. At the lower tiers, I have seen players use this vehicle with varying degrees of success, but never an absolute failure (knock on wood, I suppose).

One reason why the Swingfire works, there is nothing passive or active to defeat these missiles, other than skillful play and the use of good cover. However, at the higher tiers, vehicles can have these safeguards installed and could render the offensive capabilities of  M1134 AGTM to near uselessness.

At least, this is my interpretation of what I am reading. If that is the case, either the M1134 AGTM will need to have a certain something special added to it, to move me closer to consider purchasing one myself. As it stands, if it was released, as discussed, I don't see any value in it for me.

No doubt, there will be another higher tiered premium offering that might pique and hold my interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment