Saturday 12 March 2016

I think I am in LAV


When a player pulls off something remarkable or beyond belief happens, concerning a first time game accomplishment, it gets chalked up to beginners luck. I have performed more than my fair share of flukes in my day, no doubt many more in the future too.

However, when lightning strikes a second time?


I pulled Operation: Onyx from the map rotation, along with some more experienced players for my team. How did I know my teammates had been here before? Well, the initial giveaway was they were taking up the usual sniping positions that I wanted to use, so I made do with less than ideal alternates for cover. 


For the next phase, the team was starting to spread out more, so more choices for cover became available for me. Conserving my health and avoiding unnecessary risks were paying off.


Then, my brain decided that caution was a waste of time and threw situational awareness out the window. A Sheridan, spawning from a well know location, got the drop on me while I was distracted and finished me off.


I offered the suggestion of hugging a rock to our OF-40, the only active player remaining on the team. The T-72 never did connect to the battle.




While not as impressive as my first match out with the LAV http://tankingtalesquesnel.blogspot.ca/2016/03/applying-few-painfully-learned-lessons.html I was still grinning with these results.

I am rather curious to see if I can keep this up, or if it was Lady Luck giving me some kind of cruel break.


No comments:

Post a Comment