Tuesday 8 March 2016

Dazed & Confused: Moments from Armored Warfare


Every once in a while, I see stuff that just drops my jaw, or leaves me scratching my head for a long period of time. A course of action that either defies logical or some other rational explanation.

Welcome to Dazed & Confused.

I will start things off by saying this; the following could have been one of those miracle matches I have wrote about before, since I was in my Leopard 2AV ICE. I queued up for a medium level PvE mission and was given Operation: Dire Wolf, a map I have played on often. The roster looked to be pretty solid, but the battle would determine if appearances were deceiving or not.


After the first spawning of enemy vehicles around the initial defense point, the team held together rather nicely. From what I could tell, it seemed they had been on this map before, taking care of the business at hand with some familiarity.


The second defense point was more intense, but the team was holding fairly firm and dealing back the damage. In fact, shortly after this shot was taken, all the secondary objective were taken care of, thanks to our VFM 5.


Three minutes later, despite fighting to the bitter end, I was put out of my crippled misery. I was alone, surrounded and faced insurmountable odds. The team had been wiped out, except for one last Chieftain Mk V and for that part of the story, I just can't explain it.

However, to see the battle in it's entirety for yourself, including the ending, go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVq-ArDewWM&list=PLMXC3XKu6LvsYBCAbcJ_oFUenF0WSr1qa&index=1 and perhaps, you might be able to figure what I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment