Thursday 3 March 2016

Rolling through the night desert


The very first premium vehicle I purchased when I came to Armored Warfare was the tier VI MBT-70 MERC. I had read reviews, watched videos and took the plunge based on what I found. It has been a mixed decision if I made the right move ever since.

From an aesthetic standpoint, I like the way the tank looks, very sleek and futuristic. The main cannon has a lot of potential to shift the gameplay, if the right situation presents itself. And, despite it's size, the MBT-70 is pretty quick to get around the battlefield, with terrain limitations of course.


After all this time, I have advanced up certain lines and unlocked more powerful and advantageous retrofits. Plus, with a small surplus of credits in the bank, I decided to revisit the MBT-70 MERC, throw in some new upgrades and took it out.


None of the chosen retrofits have much of an effect on the glacial reload, instead, I focused more on delivering more damage with each connecting shot, using the reload time to relocate to cover or a different area. 


As seen here, I knocked out a few enemy vehicles and was on my way to a new sector of engagement. 


One shell for the upgraded systems was taking out most enemies I was encountering, which was a good thing, since there seemed to be a lot more of them on this map then I remember.  


Here is where things could have gone wrong and been sent back to the garage. Up until recently, I never bothered with carrying the PvE repair kit, the one that restores 20% health and ammo loadout. Good thing I had that metal band-aid this time.


However, the benefits were quickly ripped away. Taking multiple shots from the remaining enemies and two good blasts from artillery, I was hanging from a thread, heathwise.


With only two of us left on our team alive, I played out the endgame more cautiously. I have no idea what our Leopard drive was doing or thinking, I never bothered to ask, seeing their weren't going to be much help to me at all. 


Despite the fact there was still an enemy artillery piece out there, I was in no shape to take the chance and engage them. I solo capped the win for our team as the Leopard was counting tumbleweeds.




It is a very realistic goal of collecting ten thousand damage in the MBT-70, even go beyond this self-set minimum standard. This battle I came close, but a win is a win.




The new loadout for retrofits. I noticed a marginal improvement over this previous installations and in time, they will pay for themselves, if I keep giving the MBT-70 MERC a chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment