Saturday 26 March 2016

Back under the commander's hatch


Over the last few days, I haven't had the opportunity to play Armored Warfare, but I was able to stay in touch with the forums and other sites associated with the game. First, I was rather surprised I won a contest on the main forums. See my winning entry here https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?66728-Official-Heat-of-the-Battle-Contest-Submissions&p=958480&viewfull=1#post958480 and to stay true to my word, my son will collect the prize, a premium tier V Chieftain Mk VI!


Now, down to business, I was lucky enough to find time to update the game while I was gone, but to beg, borrow and/or steal any reasonable amount of time to put in a single battle just wasn't in the cards for me. I had to wait until I got home to do just that.



So, there were a couple of things that I want to find out/get out of the way and I could do them concurrently. Right off the bat, I wanted to see just how good/bad things were ingame concerning main battle tanks, so I loaded my tier VII Challenger 1 for a PvE mission on hard mode. The next thing on my list was to have a look at the new replay system and finally, put together another gameplay video.


As you can see from the above screenshot, I am not liking the quality of the images captured from the replays. The lines and blurred focus doesn't suit my tastes, so I can't see using this much in the future. 

For the replay itself, until I know of another way, or a dedicated Armored Warfare replay depository is setup, here is the link to this battle  http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=07344983880457343347 download the awr. file http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=46565756837041556752 and then the .xml file, put them into this location, C:/Users/(the name you are signed in as on that particular computer)/Saved Games/Armored Warfare/User/Recordings. Then, open your Armored Warfare client, click on the camera button on the right side of the screen in the garage and you should see this replay available for viewing on the list.

For the YouTube video I recorded during the battle, have a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-zDM_BViRg


No comments:

Post a Comment