Friday 11 March 2016

The ups and downs of the grind


Queuing into a Armored Warfare PvE series is an example of rolling the dice. no matter how you calculate the odds and study the statistics, you never know how the roll will land. 


The first battle of the day was a medium mission in my tier III Type 59. For the most part, not a very extraordinary event, the only stand out situation was from our Pz 57. From the first opportunity til the very end, they sat in one spot and never risked moving from there.

I have seen this happen before, on other maps, where a player rolls into a certain location, pitches a blind and snipes away at whatever comes into range, or spotted outside of it. Frankly, I don't really care, as long as they are doing something to help the rest of us out.


Not quite the way I wanted to see this sortie end, with the secondaries left incomplete and such a low kill count. However, the enemies were spawning like there was no tomorrow and the team held up nicely, despite losing one.




I was greeted with disappointing results here, partly with myself for choosing the wrong targets, only to have teammates blow them away just as my cannon was reloaded. My damage was also too low for my liking, perhaps I will pick that up in a next game of two.


Yeah, I took a chance on taking my tier VII Challenger 1 out for some solo, hard action. I believe that Operation: Onyx has a bug of some sort. Just about every time I pull this map from rotation and I get a decent team to take the action to the end, we seem to run out of enemies. The end game consists of mostly me, sometimes others, driving around for the last two to three minutes left on the clock, in an attempt to find any remaining foes.




Ugh, bottom of the list? Wow, I thought I was doing better than that, at least, that is how it looked from my perspective. Maybe, it's time for stronger glasses.


MatchMaker was either pulling a bad practical joke or wasn't in a good mood when this medium mission was put together. I have played being the only Main Battle Tank on the team before, this time, could have used at least one more.

However, the team was all over the place from the start, very little cohesion and I was the only one to take a front line position. I was swarmed by numerous enemies, who seemed to be more powerful than usual. Of course, my armor failed under the steady onslaught, with little support from others, since they played it safe by staying behind cover.




Not my finest hour, to be sure. Although I did pick up the win in the next battle, defeats leave a sour taste in my mouth. I try not to allow them to poison my mood or disposition towards others.

No comments:

Post a Comment