Saturday 12 March 2016

The Hydra smiles, then the Hydra bites


It's been awhile since F50ACE and I platooned up, so tonight, it was catch up time.


Starting from our first time in PvE on Hydra for the night, things were going to be tough. As the platoon commander, F50ACE kept choosing the missions on hard, which was fine for me, since higher tiered opponents meant more damage potential to collect. However, these computer controlled foes would make us earn every point they had to give.


From the get go, I was difficult to farm that damage, let alone kills. Our teammates were defiantly playing their game in top form. 


I was struggling the make the most out of this match, but our Crab, sitting at tier IX, was raking it in. The rest of us were pretty much scrambling for scraps.


I got so desperate that I was resorting to taking blind shots and most of them were paying off.




The best I could squeeze out of that sortie, at least I broke through my 10k damage benchmark.




The top two shots in this series are from F50ACE's perspective, shooting an enemy light tank, causing it to flip over. I caught the final landing shot from my position. Neither one of us had seen this before ingame.


An epic disaster in the making, this was our worst battle of the night and very well our most bitter defeat shared. At first, it looked to be business as usual on this map, the team started off strong.... 


....and less than two minutes later, the team was wiped out, having never left spawn. The artillery barrages were of an intensity that I have never experienced before. The enemies kept coming and the shells were falling from the sky like a heavy rain of death.


Another two minutes after that, it was made much safer to risk leaving spawn and the cover it offered up to the point of our departure.


Sadly, F50ACE who had been heavily wounded almost from the very start of this nightmare, was finally taken from the game, leaving me alone. Outnumbered and running out of time, I couldn't figure out a way to win this one.




Impressive damage, I broke a new personal record with the Challenger 1 during this battle. I also have never lost credits on that scale before either.

Easy come, easy go, I suppose.


No comments:

Post a Comment