Monday 28 March 2016

It should have been a two battle wonder


I decided to change things up again in Armored Warfare and put a tier III AMX-10P into my garage. With the Easter Weekend speical of 5X reputation bonus, I figured I would start down another new line, this time the one with the BMD's.


An easy purchase and cheap too, since I have gotten used to paying out the wazoo in the upper tiers.


This time, I decided to spend some free reputation to close the gap towards my real goal in playing; the tier IV BMD-1. Plus, something about those attributes....nah, it will all be good.


My performance on that first battle was disappointing, to put things mildly. First, I wasn't fully prepared for the auto-cannons, but I was able to deal out some damage vs those not-so-real foes. My other bad error in judgement was allowing myself to get surrounded and having some expectation that I would be getting help from my teammates.  




In the end, it all worked out and I estimated I would have this BMD-1 deal closed after the next battle, which would take place on the following day.


Where I went wrong can be explained very easily; I was just playing recklessly, thinking the team would pick up the win, despite my sloppy attendance. 




Unfortunately, that wouldn't be the case for this battle. The bots proved to be much better than the team I was given and in the end, all of us went away almost empty handed.


By now, it should be a pretty clear indicator that surviving a battle in a AMX-10P, with me in the commander's seat, just isn't going to happen. The price I paid for attempting one of the secondaries, without the company of protection.




A win and I will take it. While I am sure some out there may have found the AMX-10P to be an alright vehicle, I am glad to have moved on, even after the short period of time I used this one.


Now, this is where I want things to really get started for me. I have been reading and watching any material on this series of vehicles, especially since there is a premium version available from this line....



....but I don't think I will be pursuing it either. While I am sure the auto-cannon is beloved by some in the playerbase, I don't know how well the BMD-2 will work out for me, based on very recent experience. So, I will save my real world money and just grind out the dealer version instead.

Nevertheless, I finished up my first battle in the tier IV BMD-1 and was somewhat surprised with how I performed and the returns collected at the end of the match. Wanna see? Check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akq_hOnoJ7I

 

No comments:

Post a Comment