Wednesday 16 March 2016

The desert of death and defeat


In essence, the tier VI Type 69-II is the same vehicle from tier III, the Type 59, except it has the greater potential to see more powerful foes. Then, throw in the very distinct possibility of coming in as the bottom tiered tank.... 


Now, I don't see being the bottom tank as a handicap, but as a challenge and because of the higher tiered opponents, a better chance to collect on higher damage returns.


If I had a complaint about the Chinese tanks I have played, thus far, it would be the poor gun depression. However, I have practiced a crafty maneuver of peek-over-boom-roll-back and choosing a good position to await any incoming prey, with a well thought out escape route, should things go south.  


One lesson I was quick to apply, based on my Type 59 experience, upping the firepower. I wasted no time by installing Experimental Propellant Mk I, for that 5% boost to any shell I throw at enemy vehicles.


Couple that with having unlocked and installing the next step up of armor piercing rounds, the offensive results have been returning some nice dividends.


Despite all the upgrades, retrofits and lessons learned and applied, I was overwhelmed and put out of action this battle.




Still, having been the low tank on the totem pole and coming in at second place for the after action report, I would say that says something.


No, you are not seeing things. Same map, but with different variables. First, It was time to break out my tier VI T-72A for some sand chewing action.


Secondly, I wasn't at the bottom of the list.


The trade off came with the struggle to collect some decent damage from enemy vehicles, out T-90 was definitely feasting, while I was snacking on bread crumbs.


With our top tank now out of the game, I hoped this would give me the opportunity to catch up on some damage, especially from a known, heavily spawned point. Between my and our T-80, we had the cap zone well covered. Not sure what the Abrams was up to, just kinda hiding in the hills to our south.




Yeah, this is the result of not paying attention to the mission timer and allowing tunnel vision to control one's perspective. The T-80 and myself just sat there, continuously blasting away at the never ending stream of incoming enemy vehicles.

Meh, easy come, easy go, I suppose.


No comments:

Post a Comment