Friday 11 March 2016

State of Play: Armored Warfare PvP 03.11.2016


For this week's State of Play: Armored Warfare PvP, I selected my best, current tank from my garage for some upper tier action, the Challenger 1.

Last time http://tankingtalesquesnel.blogspot.ca/2016/03/state-of-play-armored-warfare-pvp.html I went with a low tier favorite and was surprised with how it all played out.

This time, I went to the opposite end of the spectrum, just to see how different the gameplay was and most importantly, how would I perform with my PvE rolling bunker in a player populated environment.


Speaking for myself, I did a great many things wrong. First, I knew nothing about the map, Pipelines, so I just followed the pack to the oil refinery in the east. Driving up a wall, since I was tunnel visioned in first-person mode, was a nice touch for the occasion. Finally, using a small boulder to hide my lower plate seemed like a good idea at the time, but sitting exposed, out in the open, wasn't very smart.

The only reason I lasted as long as I did was because the Challenger 1 is one tough nut to crack. It forgave a lot of mistakes I was making, but I was paying for it with the weak cannon, not landing a single point of damage against anyone. Honestly, I am aghast with myself.

Anyways, here is the video of the battle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQSEI6loKKs and I welcome constructive critiques of what I did wrong and suggestions on how I should/could have performed better.


2 comments:

  1. You do realise that lower plate is not a weakspot on Challenger? No point in hiding it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, but at that moment, it was an instinctive reaction to what was going on.

      Delete