Monday 28 March 2016

Unseen, but felt strongly


Tank Destroyers, or vehicles labeled as such, are supposed to be hidden away from the view of the enemy and wreaking havoc on unsuspecting targets when opportunities present themselves. At least, that is the theory behind this class.

In Armored Warfare, this type of vehicle is a complete departure to my usual playstyle, picked up from playing other tank games. Driving rolling bunkers, shell sponges and/or advancing team shield is the way I have played before and now. However, trade that for something a lot more fragile, better mobility and a surprising amount of potential damage output, is certainly a change from the norm.


In World of Tanks, there is what I see to be two choices of tank destroyers, slow and armored vs fast and thin skinned. I preferred the former, since it already meshed with my playstyle with Heavy Tanks, but I did experiment with the latter, collecting mixed results.





In Armored Warfare, there are two types of tank destroyers too! I separate them as wheeled and tracked. So far, I am doing reasonably well with the wheel variety, especially the tier IV LAV-300....


....as long as I can keep my head in the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment