Sunday 13 March 2016

I am not sure why I did it, but I did


Guild, clans battalions or whatever you call them, groups of some kind are the lifeblood of multiplayer online games. Some are formed as a social connection for somewhat causal players looking for something a little more, others are a force of virtual dominance, populated by highly competitive players seeking fame, recognition and exclusive rewards.


A long time ago, in a now defunct game called Need for Speed World, I made one of these groups called a crew. I built up a roster of players and competed with a few other crews, held contests and made a few friends along the way. However, without going into the details of a long story, I left and the group fell apart. For now, the forum for the game still exists and the crew thread is here http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9492675.page a small time capsule of happier times.


Perhaps someday, if another good racing game comes along that catches my interest, I might resurrect the name and make some new memories.


However, in the here and now, I decided to take my banked up four million credits (Spend gold? I don't think so) and make a battalion in Armored Warfare. I had a name picked out, made a rough logo and thought I was already to go.

Well, nope. Seems there are some creative limitations to what could be done at this stage of development, so I had to clearing the drawing board and start over. Knowing what the step after the one pictured above was, I picked a quick name and came up with a real world sounding motto.



My son helped me to decide on the Buffalo emblem. My wife has this odd soft spot for this gentle giants, so that also helped to seal the deal.


Nice sales pitch here.


So, anybody notice it's Bison Shield Internation? It was supposed to be International but the al was left out (either a spelling error on my part, or it just didn't fit and I can't fix it now, that I can see).


Not really what I wanted in name or logos, but it's a start to something....which I have no idea to what.


No comments:

Post a Comment