Friday 26 February 2016

The newness feels worn off already


Opening numbers for Mercenary Showdown for Armored Warfare.


Here is another string of numbers I will be posting periodically, my progress to unlocking the new Chinese tanks, since I didn't break down and by the new premium tier V, WZ-1224, to speed the process up.


With the release of update 0.13, something I have coined as Puma-mania has swept through the EU/NA playerbase. Once again, an exclusive premium vehicle is making the rounds through third part websites, Youtube and Facebook contests and so on.

When this vehicle first appeared on the RU server, it was the reward for an ingame mission, completing certain tasks put this Polish vehicle in a player's garage. I was looking forward to this way of an attempt to get one.

However, that isn't the case, thus far. Instead, if player from the EU/NA servers want this vehicle, they have to spend hours refreshing their internet browsers and running Google Translate (unless, they happen to speak Polish) and make their attempt to collect one that way. Or, have a friend nice enough to give them a spare code, from whatever way they collected theirs.


Just like the Chieftain Mk VI from just a short while ago (and technically, still ongoing), what should be a great prize for the playerbase, has turned into a source of embitterment and discontent for some, mostly because how it has been distributed and how others have claimed them.



I popped in the last few minutes of the Armored Warfare Twitch stream as well. I wasn't hunting for codes, I am going to walk away from that fruitless venture, but to check out the new map, Coastal Threat and the Chinese tanks.  If you look very closely, I even asked a question that I captured in the screenshot.


But, I didn't want to spend too much time watching other people playing a game that I should be. Queuing up my tier V T-72A, it was time to get back in action, I have goals to reach and they are not going to do that on their own. 




Out of a series of five battles, this was the one that produced the worst of results. I even paid a new penalty brought in with 0.13, despite giving it my all. 




The best of the series, which coming from me, isn't saying much.


Having the T-72A is still a relatively new experience for me, combined with breaking through the playstyle I have developed from using my Challenger 1 recently.

Fun and learning, that's what it's all about, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment