Wednesday 3 February 2016

Something new, but does it work?


On the Armored Warfare main portal, a new feature announcement was made, read more about it here https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/introducing-daily-bonus-system

So, I followed the instructions given and received this result....


....and just to be sure of things, I took a hard, long look ingame to see if anything had been added....



....honestly, I couldn't tell and no notification of anything. So, I when to read through the forum discussion of this new feature here https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?59678-Introducing-the-Daily-Bonus-System and tried most of the solutions offered up from the playerbase. No changes that I noticed.

However, this login bonus isn't a new idea....


....War Thunder introduced theirs with some controversy, last year. The major difference is with AW's version, you know what you are getting on a given day. With War Thunder, who knows what will drop, since it's a random drop from a few computer selected choices.

As for for Armored Warfare, perhaps I triggered it already, since I did play a game with my Chieftain in the wee hours of this morning. Or, it just doesn't work for me?

Na, I will see what happens tomorrow.

****UPDATE****

Okay, I couldn't wait, so after shutting everything down, I relaunched the whole works and queued up my Type 59 for an easy mission.




Then, I Alt-Tab the game, right clicked the my.com launcher, in the bonus area and got this....


Okay, so what changed ingame?


Ah, nothing that directly pertains to me, I see.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Quesnel,

    The problem with the Daily Bonus panel in the AW launcher is that the script for the panel is bugged and as such during change of day / date (times when the game servers of a region reset all bonuses) or some other random times too, the panel fails to refresh and that particular error message in the pink box is generated. The workaround is to

    1. If you are already in-game then Alt-Tabbing out of the game forces a "Redraw" of the launcher page and the script works correctly, OR,

    2. Right click in an empty area of the launcher page and refreshing the page manually. This sorts out the problem most of the time.

    However, if you were already in the game when the day / date changed then also this problem may occur OR the countdown for the next day's bonus will have ended but the button to claim your bonus won't appear. If Refreshing the launcher page doesn't help, then you will have to exit the game as well as the launcher (Use the Exit option from the launcher menu, don't just close the launcher window as it stays in the system tray) then start the launcher again. Now you should be able to claim your bonus for the day.

    These two tricks worked for me and I hope they will work for you too.

    On another note, I really enjoy reading about your experiences in AW. I started playing AW during the EA and having played continuously since then, I have long since passed through the times that you are going through right now but nevertheless, your experiences are almost the same as mine and so your articles are quite entertaining to me :)

    I look forward to reading more about your journey in AW in the future :)

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the post, Kalptaru.

      The daily bonus will be hit or miss for me. I may not be available to meet the rollover for the resets, which is fine with me. Perhaps, the current system will be streamlined and less complicated in the future.

      I missed out on taking part in the latter part of EA, due to not checking all of my email folders at the time. However, I think I am making up for the now.

      Thanks for reading and stick around, I am just getting started!

      Delete