Sunday 14 February 2016

From behind the Great Wall: WZ1224


If all goes according to plan for Armored Warfare, update 0.13 should be coming to the North America server on Tuesday, 15 February, along with the third dealer and new premium tank.

I can't quite put my finger on why, but I am almost excited to see the tier V WZ1224 finally coming, after I was announced what feels like a long time ago now. Perhaps, I am just getting swept up in the mystery of Chinese tanks or that something a little more will be added to the game.

I got an interesting private message from an....anonymous source, which contained this, from my last post on this very tank;

在1978年4月,国防科工委与五机部在山西大同召开784号会议,再度提出第二代主力战车的研发方案, 会议确定原理样车代号为WZ1224。 在1979年3月,第一辆WZ1224原型车出厂。WZ1224扬弃了俄式战车一贯的铸造炮塔而改由高强度钢板焊接而成,炮塔前部为可更换式复合装甲,增 强了正面防护能力,炮塔内部宽敞有较好的人机工效。炮塔后部有尾舱,用以安装17发自动装弹机。但由于自动装弹机未研制成功,再加上当时设计的主导思想仍 是以半球形铸造炮塔为主,因而该方案未能进一步发展。

Um, let's see what Google Translate has to say about this;

In April 1978, the National Defense Ministry held a five machines in Shanxi Datong No. 784 meeting, once again put forward the development of the second generation of the main tank program, the meeting identified the principle prototype codenamed WZ1224. In March 1979, the first prototype of a WZ1224 car factory. WZ1224 discarded the usual cast turret Russian tanks and changed by the welding of high strength steel plate, turret front is replaceable composite armor, and enhance the positive protection, turret spacious interior has good ergonomics. Weicang rear turret to install 17 automatic loader hair. However, due to the successful development of self-loading machine, it was designed together with the dominant ideology is still based on a hemispherical cast turret-based, and therefore the further development of the program has failed.

Okay, not only can I read this a little easier, but a few things I didn't know from my internet searches. 

However, nothing too groundbreaking was shared with me either.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment