Saturday 13 February 2016

Hunted in a Snow Cat


I see the daily bonus notifications in Armored Warfare are working now, nice to have the guess work removed.


When I took this screenshot, I had no idea it was the start of one of those unbelievable battles I have had yet. I selected a Hard Mission and off to Operation: Perseus I went. Matchmaker decided to make me the top tank with the rest of my teammates at tier V. No big deal, nothing special about this, so far.

The battle at Silo One went well, damage was dealt and a few kills collected. At Silo Two, I was starting to take a fair amount of damage myself, thanks in part to an ignored enemy M1A2 Abrams and a T-72A. It was also here we lost our first friendly tank.


Silo Three is where everything fell apart. Our last two M60A3's were put out of action and then our Chieftain Mk V was overwhelmed. That left me to face off with the remaining enemy forces, alone. To add more to the already full plate, I was running out of ammo. I gauged the Supremacy timer, how fast it was going in the enemy team's favor and then took a shot, watching how much it dropped. I compared my findings quickly against the time left in the last primary objective. 


With my last shell fired, I retreated, wiggling the front of the Leopard that was still facing incoming enemy fire, while going backwards as fast as I could go. Using a giant boulder for cover, I crossed my fingers that both my armor and hitpoints would hold out.




27 hitpoints remaining and no ammo left, Lady Luck gave me and this team the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment