Monday 1 February 2016

Panther mit 8,8 or Pz 58 Mutz?


For the month of February, players of World of Tanks can earn two, one day rental tanks, read all the details here http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/feb-overview/


The one tank that has me the most interested was the tier VIII premium Mutz, plus I wanted to compare it with my last higher tiered purchase, the Panther mit 8,8. So, I selected it and queued up for battle.


Hmmm....seems the word has already gotten around. A downer for me, Overlord isn't one of my favorite maps in WOT, since I always fall into the same old habit....


....of racing down to the beach and dying alone. The rest of the battle went back and forth, a few times I thought defeat was just a tank or two away, for both teams.


However, in a surprise move, our last two living tanks managed to pick up the win by capping out. Nice job guys!


Because I didn't even try, I am not going to post my terrible results, other than being on the winning team and collected the one day rental for the Mutz.


First, the rental doesn't come with a crew? Okay, I just move the one I have from the Panther mit 8,8 over....


....and voila. I considered transferring the same equipment over as well, but decided against it. Just incase I forget to login and I lose it when the rental period expires. Queue up for battle....


Ah, Fisherman's Bay, a map I like a lot more then Overlord. This time, I lived longer, dealt out more damage and assisted with a push on the left side of the map....


....even played my part of self sacrifice with distracting the new premium FV 4202(P) on the enemy team, allowing my teammates to pick up the kill.




Not a stellar match by any stretch, but I contributed more than my last battle with the mit 8,8. If you have an updated WOT client, you can view the replay from here http://wotreplays.com/site/download/2453138 After playing both of these tanks in succession just reaffirmed to me the Medium Tank playstyle, as it is in World of Tanks, isn't my forte. Being an armor reliant player, neither one has this going for them and I can't seem to make a better use of the mobility this class does have as a strength.



However, based on these two battles, if I had a time machine, I wouldn't have bought the Panther mit 8,8.

No comments:

Post a Comment