Friday 19 February 2016

A few small steps, lots of giant leaps and a source of income


With the tier VII Challenger 1 now in my garage, I am already looking ahead at the next tank in the line, the tier VIII C1 Ariete. Coming from both World of Tanks and War Thunder Ground Forces, I had a pretty good idea that Armored Warfare would use a similar styled progression system, baby steps through the lower tiers, a fairly good walk through the mid tiers and now, giant leaps towards the top. It would seem the great strides in a much slower progress starts at tier VII.


Not only is there going to be a lot of reputation to be earned to get the next tank, there will also be tons needed to fully kit this one out too! I expected this, but still, the shock was trying to set in.



The real eye opener was the increase in prices for the retrofits. Let's put this into some form of perspective here. Take a look at the price of the Chrome Barrel Lining. The Mk I upgrade will cost 537,075 credits.




That's almost the cost of picking up a tier IV T-64 and installing two retrofits into that (actually, it would cost slightly more at 565,050, but you get the idea where I was going with this). Gulp, this is starting to get expensive.




However, I took an early, proactive step when I started playing here, knowing what was going to come later. Investing in one, then a second high tiered premium vehicle was the wisest move I did. Once again, based on my experience with WOT and WT, I knew putting these credit makers in my garage was a no brainer.

However, now I have a serious decision to make. With update 0.13 right around the corner and with the ongoing Wölfli’s Gold Rush coming to a close soon, seems I have to rethink a plan.


See, I was seriously considering purchasing the tier V premium WZ1224 with my Wölfli Gold earnings, like a lot of other people have been contemplating, when the next update dropped. Now, I am not so sure that is a good idea.

First, either having bad games in my Leopard 2AV ICE or really good games in my MBT-70 will earn more credits in less time than the WZ1224. Higher tiered enemies equals more hitpoints with means more potential damage, netting me more credits. The WZ1224 could see up to tier VII opponents, my other two will see up to tier VIII, taking in account being the top tier on a PvE team.

Secondly, I am not exactly sure just how much Gold will be paid out. Although I have been keeping track of the games I have put in during the event, errors are a possibility from either Obsidian and/or my.com when the payout does come. Something to keep and eye on.

Finally, I have been reading the forums for sometime now and come across the rumors and discussion of tier VII premiums coming down the pipe. What they will be and when they are scheduled to come, nobody knows for sure (and those who really know, aren't saying anything solid). So, I am feeling more inclined to hold on whatever amount of Wölfli Gold (and, if I can collect more from the login bonus) and save up for one of those. Although it wouldn't be free, like buying out a WZ1224, but it would make a healthy dent in the full (or even if I was patient enough, when they went on sale) price, after they finally come.

In the meantime, the slow grind through the Challenger 1 has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment