Monday 15 February 2016

Make it a Light, part 2


The adventures in Armored Warfare with my tier III Light Tank, Scorpion, didn't last long. More of a means to an end to the next tank inline, the tier IV Sheridan, but I still had quite an experience along the way.


Taking out opponents with what would appear to be an under-performing gun....


....to zipping around the map, trying to collect secondary objectives.


However, sitting around and staring at the sun was, by far the easiest task to accomplish.


Sometimes, the time is right to just throw in the towel, to salvage a situation.


The next battle, my brain went on vacation....


....only to return after it was much too late.


With what I calculated to be my last battle in my Scorpion, I was determined to make it the best out of the brief seven battle series to the Sheridan.


When I mean by the best, living to see the end of a victory was about my only goal. Plus, I wanted to practice up on my high speed, night driving.


To conserve ammunition, I have resorted to ramming secondary objectives. However, this was a first for me, seeing the out of ammo notification. I fired off a round from the main gun and the system came back online.


It was right about here that tunnel vision was kicking in. I didn't realize it at the time....


....but a short while later, is when my own personal internal alarm was going off.


From that point til the end of the battle, I stayed behind this really big boulder, peeking out to take shots at those pesky artificial opponents.


In the end, the Sheridan was acquired and I can honestly say I had fun with the Scorpion. For me, there are some differences between how Light Tanks work between Armored Warfare and World of Tanks. Not to sound biased, but it feels like in AW, Light Tanks can and do have more purpose and are far more resilient then their older cousins from the other game.

However, this is also based on having artificial foes, playing against real player could be something entirely different.


No comments:

Post a Comment