Friday 12 February 2016

Sometimes, the mountain is just too high


I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems I am getting up tiered a lot in Armored Warfare recently. Perhaps it's my bad luck timing when I play, or others just happen to be grinding out higher tiered tanks and the coincidence is just kicking in. Whatever the reason, I welcome it.

Being dragged into a higher tiered match means few things to me, such as collecting from larger hitpool opponents, adding to the possibility of higher rewards. Another thing is the occasion of playing along side some really good players, drivings vehicle I hope to have myself, someday. 

But finally, it's the increased skill settings of the artificial opponents. Although they still perfrom some predictable maneuvers, they are still just as deadly nevertheless. 


I got lucky with this position here, a good bead on a money shot. Had the turret been turned the other way....


This Chieftain Mk V charged at me, so a quick shot brought it to a sudden halt.


I wonder if there has been any consideration to a flying game, to compliment the ground portion a lot of us are currently playing?


Best to see and not be seen here, this Leopard was distracted by a teammate and from my position, was able to deal out some significant damage.


Right place at the right time, I managed to put down a severely wounded Ramka-99 before they had a chance to shot me up.




Once again, all of this was possible to being on a good team that was able to keep their heads in the game and deliver the winning strikes.

However, it would be fair to say all my games have been rainbows and lollipops....


While I have been more aware of being up tiered in my tier V T-72, it did happen a few times while grinding out my Chieftain Mk V. This battle is what I would call one of the worst disasters I have been a part of. The above screenshot introduces this tragedy.


During one of my platooned adventures with F50ACE, Matchmaker conjured up this battle, placing a Ramka-99 as our top tiered tank. My to my own surprise, I was doing okay, dealing out moderate damage and making use of cover. In fact, I had survived almost to the end, along with the rest of the team, but it was then, our turning point began. One by one, we were annihilated, our top tier saved for last.




One of those times where my best wasn't even close enough to making much of a difference. However, as opposed to reliving the moment in the negative, I learned some lessons here that have carried forward and over to the T-72.

The old saying goes, those who don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them. I am not afraid nor too proud to keep on learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment