Tuesday 9 February 2016

A fog of battle


One of the habits I have fallen into while playing Armored Warfare is my Daily Bonuses. I even have a set pattern for tanks I like to use to complete them with. For easy, it's usually my tier III Type 59, for medium, I pick whatever mid-tier tank I have been grinding and for hard, it's been my tier VI Leopard 2AV ICE.


However, with keeping the Year of the Monkey theme, I switched things up slightly, by selecting my Type 59 for a medium mission. 


I forgot how thick the air is on Operation Phalanx, it does lean to giving the enemy an element of surprise. With most of the team in the north, I decided to swing east and support the other Type 59.


It was about here I was almost regretting that decision, since the foes were coming at my in waves and I wasn't dealing out damage fast enough.


Suffice it to say, I made it through the heavy push and on life support. Turns out, I was the bait and the other Type was able to clean up on damage and reputation (which, can be seen a little later). I have my lucky stars to thank for my armor holding out under the onslaught.


Taking no more chances and not being paid enough to be bait for anybody else, I turned north and raced for the cap zone. Seems I wasn't alone with being done with this battle, since the entire team converged on this rendezvous point.




Although the team won, the big winner was the Type I supported through the entire battle. They came out on top where is counts; damage and reputation. Well, at least I didn't come in dead last for my troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment