Wednesday 3 February 2016

I tried a Twitch stream


So, after receiving an ingame notification that Armored Warfare was having a Twitch stream going on, I figured I would try my luck at collecting a Chieftain Mk VI code.

I did learn a few things from watching, like how artillery works and the view from using it. I haven't used artillery in the game, as of yet, so this gave me a brief heads up on what to expect, if I use them in the future.

I also saw the creation of custom battles, which reminded me of training rooms from World of Tanks. Pick the map, balance the teams as seen fit, load up and slug it out. Impromptu Boss Battles, where AW staff used higher tiered vehicles against lower tiered foes, were created this way. Although, the bosses didn't seem to last as long as I thought they should have....

I have been a part of a few Twitch streams before, so I was witness to the same thing happening again here; begging. I understand the desire to collect one of these codes during a giveaway event, I won't lie, it was one of the reasons I was there. However, I tried to have a somewhat intelligent conversation with others around me, anybody willing to read my comments and respond, based on what I was watching on the screen.

For some people, codes was the main word in whatever sentence they were capable of posting. I knew these folks would be here, but I still found them as annoying as those seagulls from Finding Nemo....


I stuck it out after the stream went offline, holding out hopes I might collect a code at the very last minute, but it wasn't meant to be.


Meh, oh well. I did learn a few things from watching the stream and got to see one of the AW staff take out a Challenger 2 into action, a tank I hope to have one day. Not a total waste of time, but I am not so sure I am in a big hurry to repeat that experience anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment