Friday 26 February 2016

Preparing for a possibility


After running around the internet, more specifically, visiting Polish gaming sites, in hopes of trying to collect a code for the tier IV, BWP-1M Puma, I came across a reoccurring theme. 03.03.2016.

What does it mean?

I am going to act on a hunch here, I have this strong feeling, but unconfirmed possibility that the Russian server mission for the Puma https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Faw.mail.ru%2Fnews%2F3102.html might come to the NA/EU server....


....then again, it could be just wishful thinking and nothing more.



However, feeling or not, it is something I just can't ignore the possibility of. So, I went on a spending spree and picked up two vehicles to start a small grind in. Through the course of just playing the game, I have both of them unlocked and waiting to be purchased. First up, the tier III Dragoon 90, a wheeled tank destroyer.


The last time I had driven anything with wheels in the game was the tier II LAV-150, although that was designated as an armored fighting vehicle, not a tank destroyer.


I was rather impressed with the main gun, surprising damage for low tiered vehicle.


Although the armor piercing rounds were okay....


....switching to HEAT changed everything!


Sadly, I got bogged down with slugging it out with those artificial foes and noticed too late that nobody was going for the last secondary objective.




Ugh, I strongly dislike red numbers, especially if it has to do with income (real world or the virtual one).


The last vehicle added to the garage was the old Soviet BMP-1, a tier III armored fighting vehicle that will give me a small taste of what the Polish Puma could be like.


It felt good to be back in a tracked vehicle, I found the tires of the Dragoon 90 to be a very bouncy change to what I am used to.


I found the stock main gun for the BMP-1 to be up to the task, but I am still looking forward to those upgrades.


Pretty darn fast too, on flat, level ground.


I wasn't taking any chances this time, I took care of four out of five secondary objectives myself.


Despite not having any real favorable gun depression, the BMP-1 was dishing out the damage and picking up a few kills.


Near the end, I was fighting the cap battle, alone. Obviously, I wasn't going to last long under those conditions.


Yeah, help finally saunters onto the scene, too late for me though.




Considering it was my first game in both vehicles, I could have done a whole lot worse, but I will take these wins and the lessons I learned from them them, going forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment