Sunday 14 February 2016

Call me curious?



As far back as I can remember, I have always loved a good story, be something I have read or somebody taking the time telling it. Through out my whole life, it's the stories that older folks have told have captivated me the most. Being a kid, listening to somebody 60+ years old, telling me about the world in their time, the experiences they were willing to share, watching them relive a moment or two.......................that was more magical than anything that Hollywood could reproduce. They narrated the movie that was playing in my mind, creating the very script as they continued their journey.

In fact, not so long ago, I had a fantastic adventure with a "forever young" lady who told me of life in Britain, during the Blitz. Details of American airmen, of various ranks, chasing her and her friends away from the end of the runway. The reason? These children would sit on their bicycles with their hands in the air, trying to touch the landing wheels of B-17's that were coming in for a landing. She laughed, telling me, how much fun it was to ride as fast as they could across the runway, getting knocked down by the prop wash as these giant bombers tried to take off. Things you couldn't do today.

My goal with this blog was to try and capture a similar action that was taking place, but put a "human factor" into them, namely me, in an attempt to convey the emotion and thought process at the time. I know from my own experience, I always put a "personal investment" into what and how I play. The excitement and relief of a victory. The disappointment and disgust of a defeat. The eye strain, sweaty palms, dry lips and racing heart. All of this, and more, are very much a apart of my adventures in this "virtual environment" and complete the experience that I like to share with others.

Ever since my first post here until now, it's been kinda the same thing, a lot of me doing the talking and little in the way of a conversation. This blog has received two comments, thus far, out of a steady and stable looking, mostly anonymous reader base. I have kept my formula fairly simple and honest; play the tank games I was in the mood for on a given day and write up some that either happened to me in them or some of interest related to them. Also, show no fear on posting up an opinion or two. Another part of what I am doing here is to avoid as much speculation on what is going on or about to happen in each tanking environment. My opinion on that, there are better sources if that is what you are into.

This blog is also a product of passion, my virtual hobby outside the other ones, so I have avoided any advertising as much as possible. For me, getting a payment (gifts are always welcome) for a passion becomes a job and anybody who has one of those, knows the pressures that can come from that.

So, if you are still here after reading all that, I have a few questions. What brought you here? Was there one particular post I made that you found interesting or struck a chord with you? Ever been tempting to post a comment, but just couldn't click the button for some reason? What other things would you suggest I do, change things up slightly around here?

Just trying to get an idea why people like to check out what I am doing here and get an idea to why so few leave a comment or even a +1, perhaps even follow an interesting suggestion for future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment