Friday 19 February 2016

Risen to the Challenger



The overnight numbers from Armored Warfare's Mercenary Showdown.



After completing my purely solo adventure in my tier V Leopard 1A5, I noticed that I was that much closer to having enough credits to finally acquire the tier VII Challenger 1. So, I figured while there was time left in this Day 4 of Wölfli’s Gold Rush, I would break out my high tiered premiums to close out the difference.


Three more solo battles and I surpassed the minimum needed for the prize.


However, I didn't want to either celebrate alone, nor wait to baptize my new toy under fire. As luck would have it, my friend F50ACE just happened to be on as well. I dropped him a line and we hooked up.


My first battle was okay, but nothing stellar. With no real upgrades and a brand new crew, I was spending more time getting used to the Chally then being effective in battle.


However, don't get the wrong impression I was just out for a test drive, I was still throwing shells at any enemy who would hold still long enough to catch them.


A good first battle bonus, it was on a familiar map I have been on a lot lately. Plus, having somebody else I could talk to, via voice and in the same tank I was in, helped a lot.


Not a great shot of the last enemy tank I would take from this battle, smoke ruined the shot.





I was rather impressed with the Challenger 1, not so much with my performance, for it's first battle. Seems it would all come together in the next and last battle I would have platooned that night.




I would have to look through all my previous screenshots to be very sure, however, I think I can safely say, that is my best battle, without any modifiers, in a regular dealer tree tank yet.

Yes, I do think I am going to like the Challenger 1, I hope it will like me back.


No comments:

Post a Comment