Saturday 27 February 2016

Not all tales have happy endings


If you have been following along with my adventures in Armored Warfare, or if you are a new reader, I am mostly a PvE player. I have dabbled with the PvP mode a few times now....


One of the main reasons I avoid PvP is, for the most part, I am a solo player. It isn't because I don't like to hang out with people, it's just hard to find the right people. I do have some internet friends that I have platooned with in both environments, but I believe from experience from other games, such as War Thunder Ground Forces and World of Tanks, being part of a group with good communications and a strong sense of teamwork, would make playing in PvP more enjoyable for me.


Nevertheless, I was part of a three person platoon, with both EspressoForHammy and Gouldy for my session near the end of my day. They gave me a hand with finishing off my Leopard 1A5 to 100%, so I returned the favor by being a part of their PvP team. 


We played twice, but it was the second battle I was more on the ball of capturing screenshots off as it unfolded. The map was the new Coastal Threat that came with the 0.13 update and none of us had played it before. That would come back to haunt us.

As you might be able to see on the mini-map in the lower right hand corner, our team was split up, Hammy and Gouldy taking the north in their Light Tanks, I took the middle road with my MBT-70. 


At first, I was traveling with a T-72 and a M60A3, three Heavys patrolling the war-torn streets. Then, just as I rolled into an ambush coming down from the hill on my left, our M60 rolls off, leaving myself and the T-72 to face a horde of five enemy vehicles.

The T-72 was flanked on three sides and I was trying to get a clean shot off. I punched a single shell into a enemy T-72 and bounced the rest off my evil twin, another MBT-70. I lost my Russian teammate and then became the new focus of enemy attention. With shellfire, movement and smoke, an enemy RDF/LT snuck around behind me and put me out of my misery.

Hammy was removed from the game, at the very same moment, right after his strategic withdraw on the north hill didn't go according to plan.


Gouldy held out for a minute longer as the rest of our team scattered and made their way for the final stand in the town below.


The enemy team had spawned in our south, pushed north and then, swept eastward. Our team crumpled as a lot of other teams before and many more after, will. The last vehicle on our team to be sent back to their garage was the very same M60 that had abandoned me at the very start of the action. 





Yeah, not my finest hour. However, to the other team, well played.


No comments:

Post a Comment