Thursday 18 February 2016

A purely solo adventure


Day 4 of Wölfli’s Gold Rush and my  my tier V Leopard 1A5 was readied up for a pure solo series. 


For the last while, I had been playing Armored Warfare on my Dell laptop, which it does an okay job of it, but a huge difference can be noticed in these screenshots from my main gaming PC. Richer details and a higher framerate is a lot easier on the eyes then what my laptop can deliver.


Also, with a higher resolution and wider aspect ratio, I can see a lot more of the battlefield and the action taking place on it.


Certain effects, like dust and explosions slow the onboard graphics on the Dell, but here, the nVidia processes it all, improving visual and gameplay performance. 


If it wasn't for all the combat going on, I could spend hours just driving around the maps, soaking all the sights and details.


However, there was some fighting going on, so I had better get into the action. Glorious explosion is glorious.


Except, I had allowed the environment be a distraction for me and I paid for it. The upside, I took out a few before my ticket was finally punched.


This battle came down to two tanks on our team deciding the outcome. Better make that one, I am not sure what this player was thinking....


....and good thing we had an artillery player who wasn't afraid to make those blind shots, bringing this sortie to a close, in our favor. 




Despite driving around like a tourist, I don't think I did too bad.


The five battles are completed and collected, but it wasn't the end of this night. I will save the rest of that story for the next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment