Thursday 11 February 2016

Only fools rush in


As the first week for the Year of the Monkey comes to a close, I decide to take out my tier VI premium Type 64 Light Tank for another battle in World of Tanks. At first, I contemplate purchasing some adaptive camouflage, but at 450 Gold for all seasons, perhaps I will wait for a sale.  


The queue time was quick....


....and my position on the team was very predictable.


With the countdown over, I race towards the east-side of the map, I knew of this spot where I thought might help with detecting enemy movements.... 


 ....and here is where I went wrong. First, an enemy Type 64 spotted me first, giving their artillery an easy target (namely, me) to remove from the battlefield. Secondly, I forgot I don't have a fully trained up nor skilled crew, so no advantages to make use of in my favor.

I almost disconnected from the battle and went back to my garage, but chose to hang on and continue watching the rest of this sortie, only from the perspective of my dead, smoking tank.


A friendly FV304 avenges me by removing the Type 64 who spotted me.


Here is a big string of enemies being sent back to their garages.


Another teammate joins me in the spectral realm, but the battle continues in our favor.


A few more bad guys are dismissed from the game.


Finally, the last kill, ending the match.




The is nothing to be proud of from this match on my part. One minute and one second of battletime and poor results reflect this. Zero damage? Purely my own doing for not finding decent cover or retreating from the area and regrouping with others. I spotted three enemy vehicles, well, there's a little something, I suppose.

A win is a win, I guess, just dislike hollow ones where my participation was lackluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment