Monday 15 February 2016

Crossroads of doubt


One of my original goals when I came to Armored Warfare was to climb up the to the tier IX T-90MS. Playing the Soviet/Russian tanks has been a comfortable and familiar experience, since a lot of the same qualities and attributes almost seem to be shared with their older cousins in World of Tanks.



In fact, I used almost exclusively my tier V T-72 Ural for today's event, then came back to push the grind to unlock the next inline, tier VI T-72A. Catching the tailend of the extended special put me over the top in reputation, but I was coming up short in credits.


Enter what I am calling my miracle machine. The Leopard 2AV ICE is the only tank in Armored Warfare which has pulled off the impossible. I have accomplished more unbelievable things with this tank that I don't think would be possible with any of my others.


In fact, the battle that put me over the bare minimum to buy the T-72A was nothing short of astounding. My team was wiped out, a mass of automated enemies waiting to take me down and literally, a cross-eyed look would have killed me.




No false bravado here, I got lucky and I won't deny it (although, I did get some helpful advice from the only player who stayed connected, TangoFuzz, while the others thought the match was hopelessly lost).


So, here I was, credits in the bank and plan in motion....


....then, there is the tier VII Challenger 1.

I rather enjoyed my time in my tier V Chieftain Mk V and ground out to the next Main Battle Tank in this line. I have seen how, in experienced hands, the Challenger can almost take on the fight without a whole lot of support from the same team they are one. It appears to me to be a rolling fortress that some mounted a cannon on.

However, there is a slight price difference between the Chally and T-72A.  I could take my 4 million credits now and put a T-72A in my garage, sticking to my original goal. Or, save up another 2 million and succumb to temptation of the detour the Challenger 1 offers.

Perhaps, I will sleep on this and see what the morning decides for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment