Wednesday 3 February 2016

A new dawn begins at night


The T-Series and Chieftain aren't the only tanks I am currently grinding in Armored Warfare. I am also progressing, slowly, down both the Leopard and M-Series as well. However, it's the M60 I will talk about here.


The tier III M60 was just one of those tanks that honestly, didn't excite me. Slow to accelerate, slow to turn turret and what I considered to be a fairly weak gun. However, it's because of all these attributes, I believe it would be the best line to go down for a new player.

Why? Well, if one can learn to master this tank with a high level of efficiency, progressing down the other Main Battle Tank lines will benefit from lessons a M60 can offer. Just my opinion though.




For me, my M60 story is a little different. First, having the tier VI premium MBT-70 gave me some experience I was able to apply to this tank, so it wasn't so much of a rude wake up call after I acquired it, so long ago now. Secondly, with the way certain math mechanics are implemented ingame, having the M60 and slowly progressing down the line benefits the overall returns, no matter which other tank I am playing.

Take a look at the third posted screenshot above. The bonus isn't all that much, but it does accumulate with the more tanks one has in their garage, compounded with having even highers tiers.


So, I closed out a last progressive battle in the tier III M60 with a victory and purchased the next inline, tier IV M60A2 Starship. To me, it just looks....wrong, but how was it on my first battle?


Well, there are few things that put a bigger grin on my face than one shoting an opponent from full health. Although the picture doesn't correlate what I just said, from my perspective and position, that's how I remember it.




I think it was a decent first battle, with a stock tank and untrained crew. Although the Vehicle Ownership bonus was raised slightly, every little bit helps as I go forward through the lines.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment