Wednesday 10 February 2016

A disturbing trend


One of the most persistent glitches I have  been dealing with in Armored Warfare happens with Operation: Umbrella. It doesn't matter if I play on my laptop or desktop, the graphics first render like the screenshot above and below. And before you ask, yes, both computers are running with the latest drivers and other updates.


I suppose it would make for an interesting challenge to fight, live and win a battle with how it's displayed, but I am not up to doing that. 


So, the only fix I have for the time being is Alt-Tab to the desktop, right clicking on the AW icon in the task bar, closing the program down and then quickly relaunching it.


It's a good thing this is a PvE mission, I doubt I would be lucky enough to come back to the battle alive if this were PvP. Some players see an AFK (away from keyboard, or disconnected) kill as an easy, tempting way to collect effortless damage and reputation. Right or wrong, it's done on many games and in AW, it's no exception.


Now, with the battle well under way, it's time to race to any area of the map to collect the table scraps to salvage something from this mission. I picked the north side of the runway, since foes were popping up on the mini-map. 


Here is something I have seen on quite a few other occasions, that I will share with you now. Perhaps, a tinfoil hat might be in order, but here goes anyways. From my observations, mostly from a PvE perspective, my theory is that certain players who rack up massive damage, kills, whatever, will try to capout and preserve their battle achievements, preventing any of their teammates the opportunity to beat their score.

This is merely a suspicion on my part, however, the above and previous screenshots, showing a Zhalo-S staying very close to the cap circle, leads me to this way of thinking. The battle ended as I was racing up a hill, looking to see if an artillery piece was indeed up there and shooting at me. Frustrating to say the least.




Now, don't get me wrong here and I might sound like a hypocrite, but a win is a win. Despite the outcome, I am very disappointed with my returns, even after a late start, going to the wrong side of the map, dealing out poor damage and collecting a lone kill.

I better stop now, might sound like I am making excuses for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment