Wednesday 17 February 2016

Running with the Pack


Day 3 of Wölfli’s Gold Rush and my plans for running my tier V Leopard 1A5 took a little detour.


I got an invite to run with some folks I knew from World of Warplanes, who just happened to be playing Armored Warfare as well. With only one solo game in my Leopard completed, I figured I would hang out with some old friends and see how the rest of the night would go.





So, the three of us knocked out four games in PvE and the suggestion came up to cross the line in PvP. I was a little leery, since I hadn't played in that environment in months. However, much to my own surprise, I lived, contributed somewhat on a map I never played before and collected more credits than I ever had in PvE.


That concluded the minimum five games needed for the Wölfli event, but the night was far from over.


During the first PvP map, I was more concerned with staying alive and doing what I could for the team, then I was for taking screenshots like a tourist. The second foray into the human populated environment was much different. The three of us tried to recreate something from the good old World of Tanks days; a Type 59 Wolfpack.


This map I remembered, kinda. However, I allowed the more experienced players in our platoon to lead and direct me.


The plan seemed simple enough; a northern sweep, spot and damage what I could and stay alive long enough to reach cap.


To my astonishment, the plan worked. While one of my platoonmates went actively hunting, the two of us stayed behind on cap, insurance in case the battle shifted out of our favor.


The only kill I got for the entire battle was an enemy LAV-300 that I spotted coming up the center road, from the very direction I was facing. Although they blew by me, I managed to get things turned around fast enough to take the very few remaining hitpoints they had left away from them.


The battle would be concluded shortly after this screenshot was taken, the final enemy tank was destroyed.





Very different screens than what I am used to from PvE and much different rewards too. The reputation I earned wasn't all that great, but man, those credits, even for a tier III premium tank.

All in all, a very good night, sharing a few laughs and minor frustrations with some friends and getting that much closer to my goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment