Friday 8 April 2016

The first cry of the Wolf


After a lot of self deliberation, weighing pros and cons and collecting on a recent event, I broke down and bought the Challenger 1 WOLF edition. Okay, broke down might not be the right terminology, but it wasn't like a planned purchase, at this point in time. Let me explain....


By far, one of my favorite vehicles to use in Armored Warfare is my tier VII Challenger 1. Slow, but heavily armored, it has become a mainstay for battling it out in the higher tiers. However, it is those same higher tiers that can get expensive to purchase and retrofit new and existing vehicles. I would need a higher tiered premium vehicle to go along with the increase income demands.


I considered the other WOLF edition offerings, but at the time, the price was just too high for my liking. Even if I got rid of that factor from the equation, the other choices were, the Centauro 120 and Wiesel 1.

The Centauro has a fantastic gun going for it, but lacks in the armor I have grown used to in the upper tiers. Plus, being a wheeled vehicle, I would have to stay on top of the mobility limitations while being stationary.

The Wiesel is small and zippy, but armed with an auto-cannon, something I am not used to using. A highly maneuverable vehicle and because of that, could get me in more trouble than I could handle.


The Challenger 1 is a known quantity to me, the yet-to-be-released Merkava premium isn't and the M1134 is a one-trick-pony (I have read others who have made this vehicle work for them, that might not translate well through my hands). So, I made the choice and put another one into my garage.

Then, I took it out for it's first battle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LBRzmxQ994


No comments:

Post a Comment