Thursday 7 April 2016

Not to sound skeptical


I had this funny feeling that with the start of another event in Armored Warfare, there were going to be issues. I wanted to be so wrong about this, sadly, technical errors did come to pass, especially the one I feared the most - the battle counts.


However, I used a ingame system to keep track of my own progress and ready to dispute any corrections, the replays. See, I moved out all the replays I wanted to keep from the default folder, starting over with a blank slate. As I played, I kept only the victories, Alt-Tab out to move the defeats to another folder. Pretty slick, huh?


Around the time the battle count was frozen on the profile page, is when I started chuckling to myself. Before the replay system came, I would to have taken a screenshot of every battle won, filling up hard drive space, ready to dispute my own results with Obsidian/My.com. With the replay log above, not only did I have a real space saver, but ready to fire off a batch of replays to prove my participation.


Good thing everything turned out right, so far. My count matches the results displayed on my profile page this morning, after they claimed to be working on the problem. Since the numbers match to my satisfaction, it would seem I don't have to light any torches or assemble the angry villagers.


No comments:

Post a Comment