Monday 4 April 2016

Cashing in on an unadvertised event


Although there was no official notification on the front page, nor in the news section of the Armored Warfare site, there was a running bonus event, that started....who knows exactly when. Within the General Discussion area of the forums, I was reading the questions to why earnings and reputation returns on battles were coming in at a much higher than normal rate.

Of course, I wanted some of that action too!


Sure enough, it was still going once I popped open the client. However, I wanted to see for myself just how good those returns really were.




Wow....way better than what I normally bring in on a standard account.


If I had played this out, using nothing but my Challenger 1, I could easily have parked myself in the tier VIII Ariete in no time.


But, I also remembered a certain goal I had set for myself back when I first started playing Armored Warfare, to put a tier IX T-90MS into my garage. Since I was a lot closer to the T-80 than I was to the Ariete, I figured I would push up the Soviet/Russian line.


As luck would have it, my friend F50ACE sent me a platoon invite, not a bad way to spend the night and complete a goal.




The final battle in my T-72A, which unlocked the T-80. F50ACE and I had our work cut out for us, since the rest of our team didn't live to see the end.


Goal one was finished, but I was a little short on credits to purchase it. I seemed to make the most sense to queue up in the Challenger 1, being in higher tiers has the best potential of the bigger returns.


In the end, it worked out fabulously. In a few hours, I climbed up one more rung of the ladder, generated enough to secure the purchase and even squeezed out a first game with the T-80.

I might make a video out of that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment