Saturday 9 April 2016

I heard the bark, now to feel the bite


It's the day after, time to find out if I will relish or regret my purchase. First, a recap of how I bought the Challenger 1 WOLF edition recently http://tankingtalesquesnel.blogspot.ca/2016/04/say-did-you-notice-wolf-editions-are.html and why http://tankingtalesquesnel.blogspot.ca/2016/04/the-first-cry-of-wolf.html

First I wanted to get the daily bonus out of the way, not to skew the true numbers I was looking for. I wanted to have a clearer look at just what kind of returns for credits and reputation this tier VII premium would deliver on, using a standard account, no boosters or any other bonuses.


Then, I noticed Operation:Wildfire was in rotation as a hard mission. That would work for me on a few levels, starting with an aggressive spawning of the first bots.


Wildfire can also offer a tricky terrain to maneuver through, mounds and boulders litter the countryside.


I was also careful to keep a very close eye on the amount of damage I was taking, since a big part of the profit margin can be eaten up with repair bills and the use of consumables.


Just like the dealer version, the WOLF edition is equipped with fairly good penetrating shells, but don't always give those higher damage numbers I want to see.


This round wasn't going to be the greatest for the returns I was looking for, I had a pretty good team who was out-damaging me with ease.


This BMPT-72 was the only full health kill I could claim during this match. Wedged between the buildings, I was left alone to take it out on my own.




At first glance, the results seem a bit lackluster. During the battle, I knew I wasn't having a stellar game at all, but I accomplished my goals rather well. I didn't take a whole lot of damage and landed most of my shots, but still.... it felt like a average match in my dealer Challenger 1.

It's when I noticed I was at the bottom of the list that got me wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment