Wednesday 6 April 2016

An experiment in time


If you haven't already read it, go here https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?70002-Introducing-Panzerfest and check out the latest event running in Armored Warfare. Now, with a severe time crunch to try and get this done, I made some time to see which mode and vehicle could help me to better accomplish the series of tasks in my attempt to secure the 150 wins needed for the top prize.


Here are my findings, your results may vary. Conclusion one; after trying out the Type 80-II, Chieftain Mk VI, Challenger 1 and a few others, I settled on my premium Type 59 Legend for the vehicle to be used for this event.




Conclusion two; after trying out a few easy and medium mode missions, I went with easy for two important reasons. First, the hitpoints possessed by the enemy vehicles is considerably lower than the other mode, so I won't be wasting a lot time getting bogged down and slugfests. Secondly, I am seeing a few other veteran players down in the shallow end of the pool, since you can't get vehicles like the Object 155 and/or Type 59 Veteran (okay, there were a few recent giveaway/contests to acquire them, but from what I have seen, these aren't new players using them) on a regular basis.




Thirdly and most importantly, the time factor. Getting in, securing the win and moving on to the next battle is crucial to racking up total with efficient speed. I have read about other players spawning into battles and speed capping, not fighting the enemy forces in any real way, just racing for that capture zone and timing the match out. I am sure that works and is making a lot of other player very happy (not). Operation: Quarterback appears to be the map that produces the fastest turnaround time, keep an eye out for it.




For me, if I am part of battle where the total time is under five minutes and still collect a decent amount of credits and reputation, given the tier, I consider that a success. Because, the name of my game is battles-per-hour and I want to come out on top of that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment