Friday 4 December 2015

Up the tall ladder.

So, with three-ish weeks under my belt, I am slowly moving up through the lower tiers in Armored Warfare. Here is a look at what I brought me to this point.


By collecting the promotional T-62 Veteran at tier III, I was able to get a good handle on what the game had to offer and give me that opportunity to see if I would enjoy it, or not. Needless to say, I am hooked.


Staying with the theme of the invitational promotion of the T-62, I looked at my ingame options and chose to go along the Soviet/Russian lines. The dealer named Marat Shishkin offered armored fighting vehicles of that flavor.


Breaking through the starter tiers didn't take long at all, the first slow down was experienced with the tier II T-54 Main Battle Tank, but I pushed through and up.


This purchase, with real world money, was not only a wise investment gamewise, but continues to pay dividends every battle I enter with it. The tier VI MBT-70 MERC will come in very handy for Commander training (since, I can't move the crews out of their designated tanks to other units, but the Commander is free to go in any other tank, without penalty) and credit generation. When I finally break into the higher tiers, this tank will be seeing a lot more of the battlefield to support some expensive habits.


Not that long ago (days, actually) my tech tree tanks were at first on par with my invitational tank, but past it quickly onto the next tier. The tier III T-62 brought no surprises over my starter tank, since they are pretty much the same model. At tier IV, the T-64 is starting to feel different, since it is seeing some more of the mid tier action, a place I will be spending a lot of grinding time.


Since I get unlimited garage slots, something that sets Armored Warfare apart from the other two Tank titles I play, I don't have to buy more or sell tanks to make room for new assets. When I have the chance, I throw everything from tier II through tier IV, including my MBT-70 MERC and T-62 Veteran into the Dailies Bonus collections. Low and behold, I unlocked the Western European side branch of the British Main Battle Tanks.


By the numbers, that tier V Chieftain Mk.5 looks pretty good in my eyes. I might have to save up for it and pick one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment