Monday 7 December 2015

A taste of the Big Time



The choice of buying the tier VI premium Main Battle Tanks, MBT-70 MERC, wasn't a move I have yet to regret. Nor, should my teammates have worries over, either.

There has been a certain mindset expressed, seen on the forums of Armored Warfare, World of Tanks and on occasions, War Thunder, that players should be locked out from buying higher tiered premium assets, unless the have achieved the same or higher level from playing the game itself. In other words, there are some out there that would have liked newer players, such as myself, restricted from purchasing my MBT-70 MERC, until I had a tech/dealer tree tank of the same tier, earned in my garage.

To a degree, I can agree with this opinion.

The very concept of grinding out tech/dealer tree assets is to learn how to play the game. Familiarizing a player's self with the ingame assets and environment and over a long period of time, improving those skills, increasing the ability to contribute more to the gaming experience and the reward of unlocking the next asset inline.

However, with purchasing higher tiered/ranked premium assets, players have the ability to jump into a level of play where some view them of not belonging. I can understand that too. Some are content on plunking down a few dollars, taking a shortcut and entering the game with little to no experience on where to go, what to do.




Take this battle with my MBT-70. I could just imagine a groan or two as some of the other players read through the countdown list, seeing a recently released MERC premium tank on the roster. I am willing to bet that at least one of them had serious doubts about the performance levels that would even be generated, seeing my name attached to this certain vehicle.

Nevertheless, I did bring some hit-and-miss experience to the table and contributed to this battle as best I could, along side what would appear to me, more seasoned players of the game. While I did come in at the bottom of the list, despite my first time in an upper tiered PvE match, at least I didn't die and lived to see this screen....


Sometimes, people have to take a chance on each other, they never know where a team player just might come from, if a certain opportunity to play on a premature higher level is denied.

No comments:

Post a Comment