Sunday 13 December 2015

That welcome gift that keeps on giving

One accepted business practice has been to give new customers a little token incentive to try their product or service out. Like opening a bank account for a free calendar or receiving a discount, just because you are a first timer.


As I have stated before elsewhere, I had been on the fence about trying Armored Warfare, for the longest time. I read the reviews and saw the odd video, but with two other tank games on the go, I just couldn't justify adding a third one to my gaming rotation. Although I did put my name in, on a whim, for early access during the Closed Beta period in May, I never did follow it up and forgot about it. Then, just a short while ago, during the Remember Our Veterans event https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/remember-our-veterans involving the tier III T-62 Veteran giveaway, I paused and reconsidered my decision.


I figured, why not, downloaded the client and the fun has never stopped. Sure, there have been some real frustrating events happen, from time to time, but the rest of this adventure has been a pure blast. All in part to my little carrot that brought me here.

While I have stuck mostly in the PvE mode, I have ventured out into the PvP arena. There, is where most of the frustration lies. I see names from World of Tanks, both players and certain clans I remember, prowling around, establishing themselves for when the time is right. I have watched how they play, looking for exploits and advantages, testing out strategies based on maps and assets. They are gearing up for the end game content.

Honestly, that's what the more competitive players due, especially when they are organized in clans, groups, clubs, battalions, etc. However, as a more of a causal player myself, I can spot what they are up to, since in PvP, I have been on the receiving end of this more organized teamplay as few times now.

However, back in the more carefree PvE environment, the good times continue, building up credits, testing out assets, honing my virtual tanking skills against varying levels of difficulty from my artificial opponents. Most importantly, I am having fun. Sadly, it would seem this concept has either been lost or forcibly denied by those who are choosing to play on a different level.    


The upside, I still see some out there that haven't allowed that to happen to them, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment