Saturday 19 December 2015

A leopard can't change its spots

While there are some out there who don't believe in skipping ahead, even for money, sometimes, it can be a good thing. Let me explain....


Having mostly played Soviet/Russian Main Battle Tanks in Armored Warfare to this point, the tier III Leopard 1 brings a different approach to what I have already gotten used and taken for granted; armor. While the Soviet/Russian offerings I started off with have hull armor of reasonable thickness and fairly good slopping, the Leopard is somewhat thinner and not as slopped.


In fact, armor protection, all away around, is sub-par compared to the same tiered T-62. So, what does the Leopard have going for it? One, a faster rate of fire from it's main cannon. It can out-throw the T-62 in the shell department. Although it takes a little longer to get there, the Leopard has a higher top speed, over the T-62. A finally, a much better gun depression, very useful when the situation calls for it.


Most of the same holds true further up the Leopard line. Comparing my recent purchase, the tier VI Leopard 2AV premium, to my early mainstay, MBT-70, a lot of those qualities are carried forward. In essence, the tank line does get better as I progress up the tiers, without a radical change in playstyles. Granted, some areas are improved, but for the most part, the leopard doesn't change its spots on me.



In keeping with my Battle of the Bulge theme, I have set the favorites filter, to avoid the temptation to play my other tanks. Looks a little lonely and bare....



A recent check showed me I still have a ways to go, before I can temporally trade my cat in, for an Italian Stallion. Ye-ha?

No comments:

Post a Comment