Sunday 6 December 2015

Hail to the Chief!

Now, I have crossed a threshold in Armored Warfare, from easy mode to the real challenge; mid tiers.



First, I knocked back a few more victories in PvP mode, in an attempt to increase my chances at collecting a tank from the final round of the Black Friday Lottery https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/black-friday-lottery-results-round-1


Next, it was time to go to PvE and grind out the Daily Missions there, collecting the reputation and credits to add to the nest egg. Then, I noticed it was time to cash in....


MUHAHAHAHA....er....no. I failed to remember, not only did I have a brand new tank for my garage, but also a brand new, untrained crew to go along with it. I didn't figure this out until I started it's very first battle....


Yeah, a great way to start off with a new toy. The tank performed under par to what I was used to. Slow to move, slow to aim, slow to rotate the turret, slow.... After using my tier VI premium MBT-70 MERC, I took for granted having a fully trained crew and all the benefits they bring to the battles. Since I couldn't switch out the crews, I did replace the Commanders and hoped for any gains from that....


....which were collected on the very next sortie. The Chieftain shares a lot of the same ingame qualities as my MBT-70, so the playstyle isn't going to be that steep of a learning curve. True, there are some minute differences that will improve over time, but it still felt familiar and somewhat comfortable.


Plus, I better settle in for the long haul, going to be quite a while before it's replacement hits my garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment