Thursday 17 December 2015

Leo and company

Now, it's time to go up the Wölfli dealer line in Armored Warfare.


Since I had never before used my tier III Main Battle Tank, Leopard 1, it seemed like a good idea to stick with PvE mode to get familiar with it's playstyle, strengths and weaknesses.


Despite winning the first battle, Operation Kodiak, on medium, I died right as the battle was about to expire. Literally, just a few more seconds to go and it was over. Up until that point, I discovered, even without any upgrades, the Leopard 1 was a reasonably quick tank with a very accurate cannon. It also was somewhat resilient to incoming fire, but not so much on the same scale as simiular Soviet/Russian tanks.


Where I had gotten used to and comfortable with the very liberal way that Red Star tanks allowed me to play, the Leo would be more of a success if I toned it down and played more conservatively. I don't have the armor advantage for a slugfest with other tanks, but I did have mobility and I have to learn to use it.


The Leopard 1 has been graced with the gift of zoom, right off the dealer floor, but now I thought I should add to the boom factor. After completing it's maiden battle, I had collected enough reputation to apply that towards it's first upgrade. I felt getting the damage potential to it's absolute maximum through ammunition was a good idea to pursue.


During the second battle, Operation Cavalry, on easy, my ping went right off the scale. Well, almost. For what felt like forever, in reality, perhaps twenty to thirty seconds, my tank was suffering from some wired sort of battlefield convulsions. Delayed inputs was being garbled into some odd form of breakdance, funny and frustrating to watch, all at the same time.



While I lagged third behind in kills, my focus for this round was to explore providing better and more effective supporting fire from advantageous areas that offered cover for my under-strength hull.

Living to see the end of the battle is telling me I could be on the right track with this train of thought. 


No comments:

Post a Comment