Tuesday 22 December 2015

Running the gauntlet

Currently, in Armored Warfare, I have two tanks in succession within the Leopard line of the Wölfli dealer tree and a ICE version Leopard 2AV to serve as a trainer and credit maker.



Starting with the grind tank and selecting a Medium PvE Mission, my tier IV OF-40 is greeted with a blackscreen bug. I have encountered this before, so I just Alt-F4 to close the client down, then relaunch from the desktop, praying there is still a battle to take part in, when I get back to it.




Considering the minute and thirty seconds reload back into the game, I finish up at the bottom of the list. However, I still contributed something, despite coming to the party a little late.


Although I have graduated from the tier III Leopard 1, doesn't mean it still doesn't have it's uses. 


Slipping into a slot in a Easy PvE Mission, there is still a Daily bonus and reward from each difficulty level to collect. Also, I am keeping a causal eye on how many Christmas Type 59's I see on my team, out of curiosity.


A decent game, overall. I still could have done much better and I am looking on improving this and future situations through....


....the use of retrofits. As I progress up through the different tank lines, between both current dealer trees, I am unlocking either new retrofits or improved versions of those already available. Based on some advice I have read on the AW forums and a few other websites, I am applying some of these tips to gain minor to moderate advantages. However, I am also customizing these advantages to better suit my personal playstyle with a give tank too.



A new habit I have picked up and going forward with is moving up the difficulty ladder concerning PvE Missions. Reaping the rewards by taking the risk of using my tier VI assets in Hard mode will be a test, in a sense, if I am making the right choices with using my tanks properly, installing the right equipment and trained my crews correctly. All of this, to be better prepared for future forays into the realm of PvP.


Seems to be a fairly even team, only one tank is below the tier average....



....facing off against tougher, more aggressive artificial opponents. Bold and crafty, underestimating them, just because there are not free-thinking human players....



....doesn't mean they can't kill you just as dead. Thanks in part to developing a little tunnel vision and taking for granted that I had one teammate in close proximity that might be covering me, my battle comes to an end.

 

Bottom of the list and one of two on my team to die. It seems my ingame experiments will continue, as they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment