Sunday 20 December 2015

Ugh, that learning curve

In World of Tanks, my struggle continues with running my upper tiered German Medium Tanks.


While most of my battles start of like this (the snowy maps add that certain seasonal flavor, including my Battle of the Bulge play theme), just about all of them end like this....


Got marshmallows? Anyways, one problem I have identified is the fallback on thinking that German armor will offer me any kind of protection. Sometimes, if I am angled just right, I do bounce a shot or two, but then I get a little cocky and become charcoal briquettes. Another issue is speed, both with the tanks themselves and the slow turret traverse. I think I read somewhere before that German Mediums require a little forethought, before charging in with guns blazing. I am sure this is right and have to work on that some more.



Quite some time ago, WarGaming introduced Personal Missions, a series of activities that players can complete and collect unique tanks as prizes upon completion. By using Light, Medium, Heavy Tanks, Tank Destroyers and Artillery in Random Battles, those completed tasks are tallied up and once you pass a certain threshold, a new tank appears in your garage.

Honestly, I haven't put in too much effort in attempting these, since the reward tanks themselves are not true premiums, in a sense. They do offer crew training, but not the modified credit generation shared with other Gold Tanks. However, I do like the mission bonuses that I have been receiving, through my efforts, win, lose or draw.


This seems to be my average performance return with my premium tier VIII Panther mit 8,8. I think I need to work on getting those numbers a little higher, since I am not even close to scratching the surface of this tank's true experience and credit potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment