Tuesday 1 December 2015

Caving, part 1

So, badged with a limited time offer, after reading the World of Tanks forums and watching a few Youtube reviews, I broke down and bought this....



The strongest selling point to me was the reference to how this new, un-player tested premium tank was so much like the old version of the tier IV T-28, with the 85mm gun, from my good old days. I ran mine, long ago now, for over five hundred battles, using it to train up a decent crew and secure enough credits to finance me for a while afterwards. But of course, this was also back when I didn't know as much about the game and how it worked, like I do now.


Another part of getting this, I have high hopes that it will become a rare tank, much like the sold-oh-so-briefly tier III premium Soviet Tank Destroyer, SU-76i, or the made-mythical-by-propaganda tier VIII Chinese premium Medium Tank, Type 59.


While I am not a fan of buying lower tiered premium vehicles, I do make exceptions in a few cases. I consider tier IV the start of the middle tiers, that stop at tier VI. Tier III and below, I have flat out purchased two, my tier III Captured-French-put-into-German-service Pz S35 739 (f) and the tier III British premium Artillery, Sexton I. All the others I have acquired over the years have been giveaways, promotions and login rewards.

However, as a low cost Soviet Medium Tank crew trainer, I believe it will do a much better job than my old and tired tier V premium Matilda IV, if only to act as another set of Dailies to collect with.


My first victory (since the two previous battles were stellar defeats) wasn't all that great, but it did provide me with some valuable lessons going forward. Despite having thicker armor than it's tech tree twin, I have to learn to not rely on it too heavily.

More so, put more faith in the gun, to get the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment