Thursday 24 December 2015

The choice was made, the father and son fun was had

On this night, Christmas Eve, my son asked me to play a game with him. I gave him three choices, World of Tanks, War Thunder or Armored Warfare. After a brief consideration, his answer was....


....was AW. He hadn't played much, collecting a T-62 Veteran last month and just received a Type 59 today, with maybe a dozen games in between. After seeing what I had in my garage, he thought playing until he got a Leopard 1 of his own, would be enough time to platoon with the old man.


Starting from tier I, our journey began with the M113. I was rather surprised with some of those early performance results....



....okay, kid has some talent here. Perhaps, it was just beginners luck, yeah, that's it....



....or not. We blew through the M113 and moved up to the tier II LAV-150 in no time. Next thing I knew....


....we were rocking the battlefield by switching over to Patton 48's. My own son, was making me sweat, the battles kept coming, the victories seeming so easy, being out-skilled by my own offspring....


.... and his prize was earned in much less time than I thought it would. However, I did have the last laugh....



....it took the very first game with his new tier III Leopard 1 for me to finally best him in all scores. Suffice it to say, it was all over, the games came to an end and he wanted to do other things on his own.

However, the laughs, the frustrations and the time together, the best Christmas present I got this year.

Thanks son.

No comments:

Post a Comment