Tuesday 18 December 2018

The Prize and The Purchase


In Armored Warfare, the most coveted assets to have are premium tier X vehicles.

The Object 640 Black Eagle, Type 99A2 and Sphinx Monster are some of the more familiar vehicles, but only available, by chance, through LootBoxes. However, with the limited time Warlords of the Wastelands, the Turkish MBT, Altay, stands a much better chance to be had. In fact, it's a guarantee.


Today, one week before Christmas (at the time of this posting), I received a prize I was very certain to win. Armored Warfare was holding a screenshot contest through Facebook and I entered. Low and behold, only one other person entered (by the rules) and I believe we both won a Battlepass to Warlords of the Wastelands and 700 BattleCoins to get things started.


Here are my opening balances on Gold, credits and BattleCoins.

Of course, I have a rather limited amount of all the currencies to "buy" my way through this portion of the event, so when I saw the announcement of a Gold Sale/Special, I opened my wallet and made sure the Altay was going into my garage.


Someone on the Armored Warfare forums had calculated that it would take around 45k Gold, which equals to 81k BattleCoins to unlock level 50 and the Altay. Since I started off with 15k Gold already, I spent close to $100.00 CDN for the Gold to bring the balance into the zone and went on a spending spree.


I bought the 20k BattleCoin package around four times and the small 800 package three times, but in the end, I got my "reward."


The Altay wasn't the only thing I collected. Along the way I amassed a windfall of credits, DropBoxes, some Gold and tons of other stuff that just might come in handy. The bottom line, here was more to this deal than just the coveted Altay.

So, was it worth it? Check this out and you tell me....

No comments:

Post a Comment